Effective Date: Jan 1, 2023
Moroccanoil ® (“we,” “us,” or “our”) is sensitive to the concerns regarding the private information of our visitors and recognizes that our visitors may become concerned about the information they provide to Moroccanoil and how this information is later used.
party websites. Please note that once you click on such a link, you will have left our Website and should be aware that we do not have any control over third party websites. Use of third party
websites, and collection of information by those parties, are governed by their privacy policies. We encourage you to exercise caution and review their privacy policies before using their websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these third party websites.
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions establishing the use, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing the use of our Website here: https://www.moroccanoil.com/us_en/about/terms/ .
1. Information We Collect
2. How We Use the Information We Collect
3. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
4. How We Protect And Store Your Information
5. Do Not Track (DNT) Signals1. Information We Collect
7. Disclosure to Third Parties
9. SMS/Text Messaging
10. California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) & California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)
11. Nevada Online Privacy Law
12. California Minors Who Are Registered Users
13. Protecting Children’s Privacy
15. Contact Us
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, signature, address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers (“Identifiers”); payment information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual or similar information; professional or employment-related information; and inferences drawn from any of the above-identified information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We will use your Personal Information for our legitimate interests, meaning our interests in conducting our business, fulfilling orders and processing transactions, and managing and providing services to you, which include the following:
• Providing, maintaining and improving our business;
• Fulfilling orders and processing transactions;
• Managing and providing services to you;
• Responding to your questions, concerns, and other requests for assistance;
• Customizing your browsing and shopping experience on the Website. We use information about your browsing and shopping activities to bring you a custom shopping experience, by offering products and advertisements tailored to your interests (please see our Cookies
• Keeping you informed of administrative changes to our Website, including changes to our terms and conditions and other policies, and other information regarding the Website;
• Conducting market research, which informs our marketing strategy and enables us to present you with a browsing experience tailored to your interests. For example, we create user profiles to enable personalized direct marketing communications;
• Maintaining basic records, so that we may respond to and honor your requests to delete your data and prohibit future unwanted processing;
• Preventing fraud, criminal activity, and misuses of our Website. We also use this information to block prohibited resellers from accessing our website and to safeguard the security of this Website, as well as our infrastructural security;
• Complying with legal obligations and process, and to safeguard our rights, privacy, safety, and property, as well as your rights, privacy, safety, and property, and that of our affiliates and third parties;
• Administering special offers, including contests, promotions, surveys, and other interactive Website experiences;
• Enabling us to publish your reviews and other content;
• Applications for employment and employment-related purposes;
• Communicating with you, including through email. We may use the email address which you provide for order processing to send you information and updates about your orders, as well as occasional news, updates, marketing, and promotional information about our company and related products and services. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, please refer to the detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
• Communicating with you, including through SMS/text messaging. If you opt in by checking the acknowledgment box, thereby affixing your signature and giving us your express consent, we may use the telephone number which you provide to send you marketing and promotional messages using an automated system for the selection or dialing or phone numbers. Signing up for SMS/text messages is not a condition of purchasing any property, goods, or services. If at any time you would like to stop receiving future SMS/text messages, text “STOP” to the initial SMS message received or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
• Notifying you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates or our partners that may be of interest to you.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we use your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. When we no longer need to retain your Personal Information, it will be deleted or be anonymized so that you can no longer be identified from it.
How We Protect And Store Your Information
We are committed to making sure your privacy is protected when you use our Website and when we collect information from you. We take the security of your information seriously, and implement a variety of security measures to maintain safety of all Personal Information you
provide. We also make sure that third parties we use to process your Personal Information also use appropriate security measures to protect your data.
When we collect sensitive information like your credit card information, social security numbers, financials, etc., that information is encrypted and securely transmitted. For example, we use a secure server for transmitting sensitive information. All supplied sensitive/credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. You can verify that this sensitive information is being transmitted securely by looking for “https” at the
beginning of the address of the webpage.
After a transaction is completed, your sensitive information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about entering information on public computers or on public networks.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or stored on our Website.
Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
We only have access to or collect information that you provide us through your use of the Website. We do not track users over time and across third party websites. Accordingly, this Website does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. Cookies enable websites or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For example, you may use our cookies to stay logged in when you exit a browser window. You may read more about cookies at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Some cookies (Strictly Necessary Cookies) are so essential to the functioning of our website that you cannot opt out of them. However, you can choose to accept, decline, or withdraw consent to other cookies. Be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain features or services on our Website.
Strictly Necessary Cookies: Carry out essential services of our website, including tracking sign- ups and processing payments. Because our website cannot function without use of these cookies, you may not opt out of them.
• Magento – More information here.
Analytics Cookies: Provide information about how visitors arrive at and use our site. You may
opt out of these cookies by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser
settings as explained below.
• Google Analytics – More information here; opt out here.
• Inspectlet – More information here.
Functional Cookies: Give visitors a better browsing experience, such as the opportunity to leave
product reviews. You may opt out of these cookies by modifying your browser settings as
• Youtube.com – More information here.
Marketing Cookies: Facilitate targeted and affiliate marketing. You may opt out of these cookies
by visiting the opt out links provided, or by modifying your browser settings as explained below.
• Instagram – More information here.
• Facebook – More information here; opt out here.
• Pinterest.com – More information here.
• Twitter – More information here;
• Youtube.com – More information here.
• Google Tag Manager – More information here; opt out here.
• Google Ads – More information here; you may opt out on that page.
• Kenshoo – More information here.
• Number – More information here.
• Reddit – More information here.
• Taboola – More information here.
Browser Opt-Out: Most browsers have a “help” button or section on the toolbar. If you click on this button or section, you will find information about turning on and off cookies and how to receive notifications when a new cookie is received.
• Internet Explorer
• Mozilla Firefox
• Google Chrome
• Apple Safari
Additionally, many advertising services allow you to opt out of targeted advertising. You may find more information in the resources available at the Network Advertising Initiative, http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Mobile devices: Note that these resources may not work to turn off cookies on mobile devices.
Every mobile device is different. Here are some resources for turning off cookies for popular
• Mozilla Firefox (Android)
• Google Chrome
• Apple Safari
Disclosure to Third Parties
Other than as described herein, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. We may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies (Moroccanoil Israel, Moroccanoil Canada), as well as with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business and servicing you, including providers of hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers for the management or hosting of the Website; payment processors; order and subscription management and fulfillment services; e-commerce platforms; rating and reviews platforms; email communication and customer support services; SMS/text messaging communications; and web analytics, marketing and digital advertising services, so long as those parties agree not to use the information for their direct marketing purpose, to keep this information confidential and use appropriate security measures to protect your data. We may also disclose your information as required under applicable law, to enforce our Website policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale or transfer of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate or other entity surviving out of the event.
Our online store is hosted on Magento, Inc., which provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. We encourage you to review Magento’s Terms of Service available at https://magento.com/legal/terms/website, and Privacy
Policy available at https://magento.com/sites/default/files/Magento-Privacy-Policy-CCPA-Updates.pdf.
If you opt in by checking the designated box, thereby affixing your signature to acknowledge that you expressly consent to receive mobile text messages from us, you will receive messages at the phone number you provide at the time you opt in. By opting in, you affirm that you are at least 16 years of age and the owner of the phone number provided. You may be asked via SMS message to reconfirm that you wish to receive mobile text messages from us. Signing up for SMS/text messages is not a condition of purchasing any property, goods, or services. For help, reply with the text “HELP” to the initial SMS message received or contact us at email@example.com. If you would like to stop receiving text messages, text “STOP” to the initial SMS message received or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may receive one further SMS message to confirm that we have removed your phone number from receiving further mobile text messages. You may sign up again by opting in on our Website at any time. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Effective January 1, 2023, if you are a California resident, then you have the following rights:
1. You have the right to request that we disclose to you, not more than twice in a 12-month period, the personal information about you that we collect, use, and disclose during the 12-month period preceding your request, which shall include as follows:
• The categories of personal information that we have collected about you
• The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information
• The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information
• The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
You may request this information by clicking here.
2. You have the right to request the deletion of the personal information that we have collected from you. You may request that your personal information be deleted by clicking here
4. You have the right to request that your personal information be corrected. You may request your personal information be corrected by clicking here.
5. You have the right to request a portable copy of your personal information that we have collected about you by clicking here.
6. You have the right to opt-out of the sharing of your personal information. If you are between 13 and 16 years of age, you must affirmatively opt-in for us to collect personal information about you. If you are under 13 years of age, your parent or guardian must affirmatively opt-in on your behalf for us to collect information about you.
You may opt-out of the sharing of your personal information by clicking here.
For consumers between 13 and 16 years of age, you may opt in to the sharing of your personal information by clicking here.
For Parents or Guardians of consumers under 13 years of age, you may opt in to the sharing of your minor’s personal information by clicking here.
7. You have the right to limit the use of your sensitive personal information. You may limit the use of your personal information by clicking here.
8. Once your request to delete, correct, opt-out, opt-in, or limit the use of your sensitive personal information is received, we will update our records and contact our contractors, service providers, and relevant third parties to facilitate your request.
• We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers such as your first and last name, alias, postal address, IP address, and email address; payment information; commercial information; professional or employment-related information; Internet of other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; audio, electronic, visual or similar information.
Effective January 1, 2023, if you wish to contact us to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by visiting the “Your California Privacy Rights” link here. You may have an authorized agent contact us to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act & California Privacy Rights Act; however, to do so, we require You (1) provide the authorized agent with signed permission to do so and (2) verify Your own identity. If the authorized agent is not an individual having power of attorney, We also require (3) You directly confirm that You provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
We may need to verify your identity to enable us to process your request. The verification process will include your receipt of an email with a secured link asking You provide us with the personal information requested and which we have on file for You. Such personal information
may include your name, your mailing address, date of birth, purchased items, and corresponding purchase totals. Disclosure and deletion is subject to our receipt of a verifiable consumer request and exceptions or limitations established by applicable laws and regulations. Disclosure and/or deletion will not be completed if a consumer request cannot be verified.
We offer our customers membership to the Moroccanoil Beauty Circle Loyalty Program (“Loyalty Program”), a loyalty program that provides certain perks such as exclusive gifts with purchase, early access to purchase new products, and free shipping on all orders. For a full list of benefits, please visit the Moroccanoil Beauty Circle website https://www.moroccanoil.com/us_en/beauty-circle .
In order to provide you with the perks described above, we use personal information about you including your name, phone number, email address, birthdate, purchase history, etc. to identify you as a member of the program and provide you with relevant messaging, experiences, and deals. These financial incentives are reasonably related to the value of the data you provide. Our Loyalty Program is considered a Financial Incentive Program pursuant to the CCPA & CPRA. The value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable Program. This value is based on the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to Program participants.
We Sell/Share Information with the following Third Parties:
Nevada Online Privacy Law
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to submit a request directing us not to make any sale of personally identifiable information we have collected or will collect about you. We do not sell your personal information. To request confirmation that we do not sell your personal
information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nevada Privacy Information” in the subject line of your message.
California Minors Who Are Registered Users
If you are under the age of 18, reside in California and are a registered user of the Website, you have the right to request that we remove content or information you posted on the Website. Please send an email to email@example.com with “California Minors Content Removal” in the subject line of your message. Please note that our removal of content or information you posted may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We are a general audience site. Our Website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any information from anyone under 16 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting
the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone under 16 years of age, any information regarding that user will be promptly deleted. If you believe we might have any information from or about anyone
under 16 years of age, please contact us by using the information below.
the way we handled your complaint.
Mailing Address: Legal Department; 5742 Ferrier Street, Montreal, QC. Canada H4P 1M7