Global Hair Competition Terms & Conditions
MOROCCANOIL GLOBAL STYLIST COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (which we will refer to as our “Terms“) apply to the Moroccanoil Global Stylist Competition, which we will refer to as the “Competition“.
By entering the Competition you agree that you will be legally bound by these Terms.
2. THE PROMOTER OF THE COMPETITION
The promoter of the Competition is Moroccanoil Canada Inc. of 5742 Ferrier, Mont-Royal, QC H4P 1M7 (who we will refer to as the “Promoter” or “we“). The Promoter is legally responsible for running the Competition. If you have any issues or problems relating to the Competition, please contact the Promoter at email@example.com.
3. THE COMPETITION
Promoter is seeking hairdressers (“Entrants”) for a chance to be among 5 finalists to compete LIVE at The Collective—a VIP event in Las Vegas that celebrates our craft and the global family of artists that bring it to life. Finalists will also have the opportunity to be part of the Moroccanoil styling team at Eurovision, and the official grand prize winner will get the chance to work with Moroccanoil for special photoshoots and events, plus a $10,000 prize, trophy, and more, as defined below.
4. ELIGIBILITY RULES
Entrants to the Competition must be:
- over the age of majority, which in most Participating Countries will be 18 years old although there will be exceptions to this such as in Finland and Norway, where entrants must be over the age of 20;
- working proficiency in English at a level high enough to enable collaboration with the Moroccanoil Team and the competition delegations.
- a legal resident in one of the Participating
The following countries are participating in the Contest:
|Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia|
|Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia|
(we will refer to each country or country grouping as a “Participating Country” and collectively as “Participating Countries”).
The following people are excluded from entering the Competition:
- employees of the Promoter or any of the Promoter’s group companies;
- anyone professionally connected with the Competition or its administration; and
- members of the immediate family or household members of the above groups of
By entering the Competition you confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements above. It will be the Promoter’s sole decision as to whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding Prizes. Entrants also confirm that any person appearing in the Video will be over the age of majority, which in most countries will be 18 years old although there will be exceptions to this such as in Finland and Norway, where such person must be over the age of 20.
5. ENTRY WINDOW
The Competition will be open for entries from 00:00:01 CET on March 1, 2023, until 23:59:59 CET on May 15, 2023 (which we will refer to as the “Entry Window“).
Any entries made before or after the Entry Window will be automatically disqualified.
6. HOW TO ENTER
To enter the Competition, share 3–5 images showcasing your latest and greatest cut, color, and style achievements on Instagram using the hashtag #MOGHC. In the caption, include a detailed description of your inspiration and techniques.
Your Entry must meet the following requirements:
- Artists must be skilled in all aspects of hairdressing, cut, color, and style.
- Only individual artists may enter (no salons or teams).
- Wigs are allowed.
- Professional photography is not required.
You may enter collection only once; however, you may submit multiple entries featuring different collections. If your Entry is a winning entry, the Promoter may ask to see proof that you are the Entry’s owner.
The Promoter may reject any entries that:
- have been copied or in which you do not own the rights, or have been previously submitted in any other contest, sweepstake, or promotion;
- consist of or include stock photography or videography;
- incorporate or prominently display any third-party brands or trademarks (other than that of the Promoter);
- it reasonably suspects infringes any third-party rights, including copyright;
- contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self- mutilating or the mutilating of animals, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal, offensive, threatening, profane, defamatory or harassing, or otherwise contain unsuitable content (as determined by the Promoter);
- are incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient; or
- have been made by the use of automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits multiple automated entries into competitions
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including where they are not received within the Entry Window because of technical disruptions, network congestion or any other reason.
7. SELECTION OF WINNERS
The top 20 entries will be chosen between May 15 ,2023, and June 5, 2023, from all eligible entries received during the Entry Window by a panel of judges and industry experts, to be appointed at Moroccanoil’s sole discretion. The panel will select the top 20 eligible entries posted with the hashtag #MOGHC (“Finalists”).
The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, invite potential Finalists to an online interview, which will be conducted in English. The purpose of the interview will be in part to assess whether Contestants possess the requisite communication skills to provide support and styling services before, during and after the Competition. The Contestants performance in the interview may be taken into consideration when choosing Finalists.
The Finalists will be featured on www.MoroccanoilProfessionals.com on June 5, 2023. Website visitors will have the option to vote in open voting for the winning entry from among the Finalists featured on the website. Voting will commence on June 5, 2023 and conclude on July 1, 2023.
We will publish a list of winners, their Participating Country and their winning Entry on July 15, 2023, following the selection and contacting of the winners to indicate that the Prizes have been awarded. If you object to any or all of your name (as it appears on your Entry), Participating Country and winning Entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter. In such circumstances, the Promoter may still be obliged to provide the information and winning entry to the advertising regulator (or similar competent authority) in the relevant Participating Country on request.
The decisions of the judges will be final and binding in relation to the choice of winners and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
A total of five (5) Finalists will each receive one (1) prize. The prize breakdown is as follows:
- Trip to Moroccanoil – The Collective, Las Vegas (including flight and hotel accommodations)
- Present collection in live stage presentation using only Moroccanoil Haircolor and Styling Products
- Opportunity to participate on the Moroccanoil Backstage Team at next year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
A total of one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- USD $10,000
- Opportunity to participate with Moroccanoil on special shoots, events, etc.
- Salon Retail Package valued at USD $5000
- Moroccanoil Academy voucher valued at USD $2500
(jointly and severally hereinafter the “Prize”).
All Prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable – no cash alternatives will be offered. As the Prizes consist of attendance at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 and the Collective, Las Vegas 2023, as set out above, they must be taken on the dates specified in these Terms. If a winner does not take any element of a Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize will be forfeited by the winner – no cash will be awarded in lieu of that Prize or part of it.
Winners acknowledge that the Promoter is not responsible if any part of the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 or the Collective, Las Vegas 2023 is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. If any variation or rescheduling means that a winner cannot attend, the Promoter shall not be obliged to provide any cash or alternative tickets. Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to take a Prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of the winner.
Prizes do not include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports other than United Kingdom’s airport, stations or venues, spending money in excess of that stipulated in the Prize descriptions, food and drink, tax or personal expenses. Accommodation is provided on a ‘room only’ basis. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the Prizes are the responsibility of the winners.
Winners are responsible for ensuring that they are available to travel and hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents for the trip in question on the travel dates specified.
Any tax payable as a result of a Prize being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the winner. Winners should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a Prize if this is a concern.
The Promoter may replace the Prizes with prizes that the Promoter considers to be of broadly equivalent value.
9. CLAIMING PRIZES
Winners will be notified on or around July 15, 2023.
To claim their Prize, winners will be required to follow the Prize-claim instructions and to sign and return a ‘General Contest and Release Form’, which will be provided to the winners as soon as the Promoter reasonably can.
If a winner either:
- does not respond to or follow the Prize-claim instructions within five days of the Promoter having notified the winner; and/or
- does not return the ‘General Contest and Release Form’ within five days of the Promoter having provided it to the winner,
the winner will automatically forfeit their Prize.
The winner will also automatically forfeit their Prize if:
- any Prize notification is returned as undeliverable;
- a winner rejects his/her Prize; or
- a winner does not comply with these
If a winner forfeits their Prize, an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries and no compensation will be given.
10. RIGHTS AND CONTENT
By entering the Competition you:
- grant to the Promoter permission (which is non-exclusive, applicable worldwide, irrevocable and for the full period of any intellectual property rights in your Entry), to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the Entry, commercially or non-commercially, including the right to publish the Entry on the Competition website at moroccanoilprofessionals.com and in any media for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional review or compensation; and
- agree to waive and not to assert any moral rights in respect of your Video and the rest of your
You promise that:
- your Entry is an original work and has not been copied without permission, is not defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and does not infringe third-party rights;
- there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict the use of your Entry;
- either you are the person appearing in the Entry, or you have prior approval from the person appearing in the Entry that it may be submitted as part of your entry and used by Moroccanoil freely for paid and and organic advertising purposes, and you and/or the person appearing in the Video agree to sign a consent form to this effect; and
- you will produce evidence of any required consents at the Promoter’s request, or risk being disqualified from entering the
If any of the promises above turn out not to be true, you will compensate the Promoter for any loss or damage caused to the Promoter as a result.
All rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are the sole property of the Promoter.
11. PERSONAL DATA
By law, you are guaranteed certain rights with respect to your Personal Data. The Promoter may collect certain Personal Data about you with respect to your participation in the Competition for the purpose of contacting you about the Competition results, including (as applicable):
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and shipping address;
- Other information you provide to the Promoter.
By choosing to participate in the Competition, you explicitly grant your consent for the Promoter to process your Personal Data for the purposes of the Competition. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Promoter will maintain your Personal Data in full compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and any other applicable regulations. Your Personal Data will be stored on the Promoter’s secure servers for further processing and may be provided to third parties for the purposes of your participation in the Competition. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep your information confidential and secure. The Promoter may also share your Personal Data with law enforcement or other government agencies when required by law or in response to a valid legal request. The Promoter will not share your Personal Data with third parties for marketing purposes.
The Promoter may only process your Personal Data for the purposes for which it is collected and may not use it for any other purpose without your specific consent or other valid legal basis.
Notwithstanding your above given consent, you are entitled to certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including:
- Right to be informed how your Personal Data is processed;
- Right to request access to your Personal Data;
- Right to request that any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data be corrected or updated;
- Right to erasure, also known as the “right to be forgotten”;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
- Rights related to automated decision-making and profiling;
- Right to file complaint.
12. LIMIT OF PROMOTOR’S RESPONSIBILITY
As far as the Promoter is legally allowed, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible for:
- compensating you and will not accept any responsibility for loss, damage, personal injury or death relating to your entry or inability to enter the Competition; or
- compensating a winner and will not accept any responsibility for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their
Your statutory rights are not affected.
13. TAMPERING AND OTHER MATTERS
If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, suspected tampering, cheating, reasonably suspected cheating, fraud or any causes beyond the Promoter’s control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter may cancel or modify the Competition and/or disqualify any individual who causes the problem. In addition, if for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any acts beyond the parties’ reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, boycotts, war, acts of God, riots, illness, disease, pandemic, epidemic, quarantine, acts of government or other public authority (including government imposed restrictions on group gatherings or travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 virus), terrorism, delays of commercial carriers, restraints of public authority (each and collectively a “Force Majeure Event”), or an occurrence of a Force Majeure Event renders the award of the Prizes unviable, the Promoter may cancel or modify the Competition as needed.
These Terms shall be understood in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
The Terms posted on the Competition website are the official Terms for the Competition and shall supersede any Terms furnished in any other manner (whether oral, in writing or in any other form or media).